English | February 26th, 2019 | ISBN: 1789349257 | 392 pages | EPUB | 8.04 MB
A hands-on guide to Android programming with Spring MVC, Spring Boot, and Spring Security
• Build native Android applications with Spring for Android
• Explore Reactive programming, concurrency, and multithreading paradigms for building fast and efficient applications
• Write more expressive and robust code with Kotlin using its coroutines and other latest features
As the new official language for Android, Kotlin is attracting new as well as existing Android developers. As most developers are still working with Java and want to switch to Kotlin, they find a combination of these two appealing. This book addresses this interest by bringing together Spring, a widely used Java SE framework for building enterprise-grade applications, and Kotlin.
Learn Spring for Android Application Development will guide you in leveraging some of the powerful modules of the Spring Framework to build lightweight and robust Android apps using Kotlin. You will work with various modules, such as Spring AOP, Dependency Injection, and Inversion of Control, to develop applications with better dependency management. You’ll also explore other modules of the Spring Framework, such as Spring MVC, Spring Boot, and Spring Security. Each chapter has practice exercises at the end for you to assess your learning.
By the end of the book, you will be fully equipped to develop Android applications with Spring technologies.
What you will learn
• Get to grips with the basics of the Spring Framework
• Write web applications using the Spring Framework with Kotlin
• Develop Android apps with Kotlin
• Connect a RESTful web service with your app using Retrofilt
• Understand JDBC, JPA, MySQL for Spring and SQLite Room for Android
• Explore Spring Security fundamentals, Basic Authentication, and OAuth2
• Delve into Concurrency and Reactive programming using Kotlin
• Develop testable applications with Spring and Android
Who this book is for
If you’re an aspiring Android developer or an existing developer who wants to learn how to use Spring to build robust Android applications in Kotlin, this book is for you. Though not necessary, basic knowledge of Spring will assist with understanding key concepts covered in this book.