English | May 30th, 2019 | ISBN: 1789612799 | 770 pages | EPUB | 5.59 MB
Boost UI development with ready-made widgets, controls, charts, and data visualization and create stunning 2D and 3D graphics with PyQt and PySide2.
• Build optimized GUI applications by implementing multiprocessing and concurrency
• Understand embedded and mobile development with PyQt and PySide
• Learn to create magnificent GUI applications using Pyside2 and QtQuick/QML
Qt is one of the most widely used and flexible frameworks for GUI application development, allowing you to write your application once and then deploy it to multiple operating systems. This book combines the best of Python and Qt to help you develop GUI applications with Python bindings, such as PyQt and PySide, that will supercharge your Python applications.
The book begins with an overview of Qt and QML. You’ll start by working with PyQt GUI elements to style your applications. Then, you will learn how to use QWidget, frames, labels, and text fields, and work with graphics. This will be followed by taking you through how elements in the application communicate with each other by understanding signals, slots, and event handlers. This book will help you to gain a better understanding of the Qt framework and the tools to resolve issues when testing, linking, debugging, and multithreading your Python GUI applications. Finally, the book will help you get to grips with embedded and mobile development using PyQt and PySide.
By the end of the book, you will be able to create modern, responsive, cross-platform desktop applications with the power of Qt, Python, and QML.
What you will learn
• Explore PyQt5 and PySide2 to create comprehensive GUI applications
• Find out how threading and multiprocessing work
• Understand how to style GUIs with PyQt
• Get to grips with implementing buttons
• Understand how elements communicate with signals, slots, and event handlers
• Explore mobile development with PyQt and PySide
Who this book is for
This book is for Python developers who want to develop GUIs and cross-platform applications that are modern, responsive, and attractive. No prior knowledge of Qt or QML is required.