English | July 2nd, 2019 | ISBN: 1593279361 | 256 pages | EPUB (True/Retail Copy) | 27.72 MB
Learn to make interactive games with Scratch—the beginner-friendly, block-based programming language from the MIT Media Lab! Anna Anthropy, game designer extraordinaire, will show you how to do everything from building a game map to creating animations and debugging the end product. Take a peek inside the history of video game design, learn programming basics, and turn your ideas into creative games that you can play and share with your friends.
Learn how to:
• Draw characters like a hungry, leaf-eating bug
• Animate characters—make them walk, jump, climb, and fall!
• Create objects for your player to collect and obstacles to avoid
• Design multiple levels to create a cave exploring platform game
• Create sound effects and music for your games
• Share your games online and use player feedback to improve your games
Isn’t it time to Make Your Own Scratch Games? The world is waiting!
Covers Scratch 3.0