English | June 28th, 2019 | ISBN: 1838986189 | 266 pages | EPUB | 2.80 MB
Discover the untapped features of object-oriented programming and use it with other software tools to code fast, efficient applications.
• Explore the complexities of object-oriented programming (OOP)
• Discover what OOP can do for you
• Learn to use the key tools and software engineering practices to support your own programming needs
Your experience and knowledge always influence the approach you take and the tools you use to write your programs. With a sound understanding of how to approach your goal and what software paradigms to use, you can create high-performing applications quickly and efficiently.
In this two-part book, you’ll discover the untapped features of object-oriented programming and use it with other software tools to code fast and efficient applications. The first part of the book begins with a discussion on how OOP is used today and moves on to analyze the ideas and problems that OOP doesn’t address. It continues by deconstructing the complexity of OOP, showing you its fundamentally simple core. You’ll see that, by using the distinctive elements of OOP, you can learn to build your applications more easily.
The next part of this book talks about acquiring the skills to become a better programmer. You’ll get an overview of how various tools, such as version control and build management, help make your life easier. This book also discusses the pros and cons of other programming paradigms, such as aspect-oriented programming and functional programming, and helps to select the correct approach for your projects. It ends by talking about the philosophy behind designing software and what it means to be a “good” developer.
By the end of this two-part book, you will have learned that OOP is not always complex, and you will know how you can evolve into a better programmer by learning about ethics, teamwork, and documentation.
What you will learn
• Untangle the complexity of object-oriented programming by breaking it down to its essential building blocks
• Realize the full potential of OOP to design efficient, maintainable programs
• Utilize coding best practices, including TDD, pair programming and code reviews, to improve your work
• Use tools, such as source control and IDEs, to work more efficiently
• Learn how to most productively work with other developers
• Build your own software development philosophy
Who this book is for
This book is ideal for programmers who want to understand the philosophy behind creating software and what it means to be “good” at designing software. Programmers who want to deconstruct the OOP paradigm and see how it can be reconstructed in a clear, straightforward way will also find this book useful. To understand the ideas expressed in this book, you must be an experienced programmer who wants to evolve their practice.
The Direct Download Link is Locked
Share This Page To Unlock it!