- Replace lengthy nested IF functions in Excel spreadsheets
Return information associated with a lookup value from a table
Identify the location of a lookup value within a table
- Basic computer usage skills involving the mouse and keyboard
- Access to Microsoft Excel version 2013 or newer
- Minimal proficiency with Excel including absolute and relative references, as well as the use of functions
VLOOKUP is one of the most requested Excel function tutorials that I’ve received in over eight years of providing corporate training in Microsoft Excel. All too often, professional Excel users get caught up in inefficient and problematic workflows, and nested conditionals (nested IF statements) are certainly towards the top of the list. Learn to solve this, and other problems, by utilizing the VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, and LOOKUP functions.
Some of the abilities you’ll gain by understanding these functions are:
- Eliminate nested conditional (IF) statements
- Pull data from disjointed or broken tables
- Allow for autofill even when a reference table is transposed
- Create scalable drop-down validation lists
- Excel knowledge workers looking to advance their skillset
- Data analysis and reporting professionals who work with Excel
- Excel spreadsheet creators, maintainers, or users.
Learn to use some of the most popular Excel functions for tabular lookups. Learn VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, and LOOKUP functions.