MP4 | Video: AVC 1280×720 | Audio: AAC 44KHz 2ch | Duration: 2.5 Hours
Genre: eLearning | 1.6 GB | Language: English
What you’ll learn
- Plot a story like a pro. You will learn:
- What PLOT is, and how to create it.
- What SUSPENSE is, and how to create it.
- What ACT STRUCTURE is and what belongs in each Act of your story.
- Vik’s secret to beating the dreaded “Second Act Slog”
- How to break your stories into scenes that move your plot forward so that your story holds the audience’s attention and never lets go.
- How to add scenes that move your suspense forward so that your audience is irresistibly gripped.
- Make sure you have an idea for your next story. You will be able to create your outline for it as you go through this course!
- The only software you’ll need is free software for reading Acrobat files: the free version of Adobe Acrobat for Windows or Mac.
Writers: learn the keys to breaking your story into scenes that grip your audience’s attention irresistibly.
Learn The Secrets to Hooking Your Audience
- Learn what plot is, and how to create it. (It’s not what most people think it is.)
- Learn what suspense is, and how to build it into your story.
- Master act structure
- Beat the dreaded “Second Act Slog”
- Discover how to build your plot and suspense into scenes that hook your audience
- Use the same methods that made my show EARLY EDITION a hit prime-time CBS TV series seen in 73 countries around the world
All writers need to break a story into scenes that maintain plot and suspense. In Hollywood, this is called “Story-Breaking”. Mastering story-breaking is a cornerstone of success in all forms of fiction writing including novels, screenplays, tv episodes, stage plays, and YouTube videos.
I have discovered secrets of story-breaking over many years of hard work. They enabled me to create the hit CBS TV series EARLY EDITION. While they took years to discover, I can teach them to you in a matter of hours.
Examples are very important. This course is packed with many examples from perfectly structured films.
Break Your Own Story
Included worksheets walk you through applying everything you learn in this class to breaking your own story. The worksheets are in special Adobe Acrobat files that you download for free. You can click and type right on the worksheet. No need to print them out and fill them in by hand. Open them with the free version of Adobe Acrobat for Windows or Mac.
Who this course is for:
- Beginning, intermediate, and even the most advanced writers can benefit from the keys to story-breaking that I have developed over many years of hard work.
- Writing a novel, screenplay, stage play, TV episode, short story, short film, or YouTube video? This course is for you.
- Have you always wanted to write, but don’t know where to start? This course will light up your path like an airport runway.